Friday, November 7, 2014

Mary, Undoer of Knots, Pray for Us!

So I failed at the one rose invitation...kind of...I would give myself a D+...

I had it all thought out in my head what I was going to do for a dear friend of mine. I was going to purchase an artificial rose and attach a prayer and a note to it. Well, time got away from me and I completely forgot that I wanted to do this!! I even had a few days after St. Térèse's feast day before I would see her again!

Well, I'm doing some extra credit for being a crappy friend!

This friend and I had a mini-adventure not to long ago. We had time to chat about our vocation journey and share how we have been strengthening our relationship with God. 

I shared how I like to pray the rosary while driving and she shared with me about the divine office. We talked about going to adoration together. (To be honest, adoration intimates me. I'm not sure why, but I think I need to research it a little more)

We went to the gift shop of Our Lady of the Snows Shrine in Belleville. I was looking for a Miraculous Medal and she was looking for a few different things. While looking at their medals, I noticed the Mary, Undoer of Knots medal and told her how she helped me when I first made the decision to discern a religious vocation.

We left the shrine with our purchases and went to mass at the Cathedral. We noticed a lot of cars, but I shrugged it off as regular 4pm mass. We got inside and that is when I noticed some reserved pews...hmmm

It was the Rite of Candidacy for men who are in formation to become permeant deacons. What was really neat is that one of our friends was in this group! It was awesome to see this!

When I got home I was texting and joking with my friend about our mini-adventure and she mentioned how she had looked up Mary, Undoer of Knots and she is kind of awesome...



So, I gave her the Mary, Undoer of Knots medal and a prayer card about her. And, if you have never heard of Mary, Undoer of Knots, you should check her out!

I think this was a better gift than a rose! Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment