Sunday, November 16, 2014

Adventures!!!

I have a friend (shocker! I know!) and we enjoy the occasional adventure! She was part of the Nun Run in October, partly because I begged her to go with me! A few weeks ago we went to Saturday evening mass together and stumbled upon the Rite of Canadicy for our future diocesan deacons. It was pretty awesome! 

Other adventures together include road trips for TEC events...where we laugh at my strange driving habits. (I hate making left turns when the traffic doesn't stop and I tend to drive a bit fast...) When she drives, she has to contain her road rage...let's see if she gets this reference..

Thursday, we ventured together for a young adult event in St. Louis.


This one to be exact...if you live on the area, you should come to the next one!!

It was...interesting...it started off with reflections from people on what their baptismal call is and how they are still in a constant state of discernment. It's comforting to know that even people who look like they have it put together are still discerning what God is calling them to do. At one point, I was doubting my own call to religious life...

Then, we had some quiet prayer time...again, interesting. It's not how I pray so it was a bit difficult. We were asked to contemplate on how well we know ourselves and what would we like to know better. I feel like I know myself. A LOT of soul searching had happened since I graduated college and I have gotten to know myself. For example, I work better in the late evening time. My favorite place to pray is my bed. Once I lay down in my bed at night, there is little chance of me getting up. I sometimes struggle with being open and honest with people. I don't like offending people. I like to know things and HATE secrets and surprises. I want to please people, specifically God! I like to see people happy. I don't know what I would like to know more about myself...I did come to realization just the other day that I LOVE babies, as long as I can give them back to their parents. I didn't previously know this about myself because I truely love children. It was something I kept telling myself when I heard the voice calling me to religious life.

Then we did a little singing...my song was one we sang...I nearly started crying...Here I am Lord...it's all I can say to God...I have heard Him calling in the night...I will go Lord, if you lead me...I will hold your people in my heart...yes, I am beng called to religious life. This song confirmed it.

When I first started seriously discerning and attending weekly mass, this song was played nearly every Sunday. I have a connection to it and it was no coincidence that we sang THAT song when I was doubting my call.

I also enjoy the adventures my friend and I go on. I know she has a few she wants to go on and I have a couple I want to go on. Let's see where we end up next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment