Thursday, November 6, 2014

Blogging For Books: My Sisters the Saints



WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! What an amazing book!!! I picked this book to read because of others reviews and seeing it appear multiple times. I figured it was God telling me that I needed to read this book. I'm glad I listened! (Also super exciting it arrived before the 10-14 business days)

The book is a spiritual journey that Colleen takes throughout her adult life. It starts with her at the end of college. I don't think I have ever related so well to an author! It was an amazing journey I took!

I have been reluntant to read saint's biographies. I'm not a big fan of nonfiction writing and often find these books dry and hard to comprehend. This book was a great substitute for the saints Colleen writes about. Each chapter features a different saint and how that saint helped Colleen and can help us grow closer to God.

My favorite part was when Colleen talked about helping her dad. I felt connected to her by the way I helped my grandpa. There were times when it was tough for her to be there, and I had times when it was tough to live with my dying grandpa. 

I suggest this book to young ladies looking to strengthen their relationship to God! Now, I must go pass this book on to a friend who I think will also enjoy it!!!

I received this book fromBlogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment