Tuesday, September 30, 2014

NAS: All About Make-up!

This week's Not Alone Series is about our make-up routines! Check out Jen's  and Morgan's Blogs for more NAS opinions!


What are your thoughts on wearing make up? Do you see a tension between a pressure from society and a God-given desire to be and make life beautiful? Is your use of make up compatible with the idea that God sees you as naturally beautiful?  

Oh, make-up! 

In high school, I never did get into wearing make-up. I liked my sleep in the morning and already had to get up early to drive about 20 minutes to school. I also felt like I would rub it off while in class anyway so what was the point!

In college, I tried to wear it more, but I didn't like it. I would wear minimal make-up, foundation and lip gloss with a bit of eyeshadow. This wasn't an every day thing.

When observing and student teaching, I tried to wear it. I did this because PEOPLE TOLD ME I NEEDED IT!! I didn't wear it because I wanted to, but others told me I needed it.

Now, I don't wear any make-up. I have the occasional pimple and my skin isn't perfect. Many people still tell me I need make-up, but I don't think so. I like my complexion! It's not perfect, but it's me.

Wearing make-up is perfectly okay! But the reasons WHY you wear make-up is important. I wore it because others told me I needed it. (I still wear it occasionally for special events) It hurt my self esteem because others told me I wasn't pretty without make-up. Now, my self-esteem is high because I have taken control of my life and I no longer let other's opinions influence me.

If YOU want to wear make-up, do it!! Don't let others tell you need it and make you feel ugly if you choose not to!! 

Be sure to check out Morgan's blog for the other linkups!

No comments:

Post a Comment