Monday, October 13, 2014

YouTube and Discernment

What??? Don't you pair the two together???

As I have mentioned before, I am not a fan of quiet. I don't have a TV in my room, so I often have a hard time falling asleep at night in the quiet. Some nights I spend that quiet time talking to God about my day and thanking Him for giving me another day! Other nights I read until my eyes won't stay open. Then there are the nights where I need actual noise. I turn to YouTube. I have found many useful videos into searches.

There was God or the Girl which was a mini-series on E! about men discerning priesthood. It was interesting, but I only found 1 man's journey and I would have liked to see them all.



There is this fun video parody called Do You Wanna Be a Sister?:



I have found myself writing my own version of this song even before I found this one!

Then tonight I have found these videos from VISION Vocations:




Which give steps and information about discernment.

And then there is this gem!



Wow!!! It shows common "excuses" why someone will give about becoming a sister. Can I just say I said them all? Well, I did and God kept pushing! 


If you have EVER considered becoming a priest, monk, or sister then I strongly encourage you to watch these short videos! Even if the thought has never crossed your mind, watch them so you can help others who are discerning! Especially watch the "Do You Wanna Ne a Sister" that one still crackse up!

No comments:

Post a Comment