Friday, October 10, 2014

I Don't Cook...

I love cooking competition shows!!! Top Chef, Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, and other such shows. I watch these shows and then try to get creative and cook!

Well, cooking doesn't always turn out the way I hope. Most often, I will make dinner for the family, and then no one will eat. They claim they aren't hungry, but I find them searching the fridge later for an evening snack.

Other times, I end up cutting myself in some way. I stabbed myself last week when opening the package the meat was in. That wound just healed a few days ago. In the same cooking experience, I burned myself with oil when I placed the pork into the frying pan.

Today, I have sliced my finger


This is the 3rd bandaid I have bled through. (Update: I just changed bandaid #6 about 24 hours after the incident. #7 has no signs of blood yet!)

I don't think God is calling me to a vocation that requires cooking. It is also one area that terrifies me about entering a community. The ones that I visited last week seem to take turns cooking. Will they expect me to be able to cook? Will they teach me to cook? Will they kick me out if I burn down the house trying to make popcorn on the stove? (Yes, I have set a pan on fire trying to pop popcorn on the stove) What happens if I cut or burn myself when cooking for other non-related people?

Of all things that I'm worried about during discernment, I'm worried about cooking....

Update:
I tried to make cookies tonight....they where an add some butter and water mix....my results:


Dear God, please help me improve my cooking skills!!!

1 comment:

  1. You can learn to cook. The cookies needed a few more minutes in the oven and you needed to make them into two batches, not one. I have some very easy but very tasty recipes I would be willing to share with you. I could also walk you through the preparation the first time if you would like. I love cooking and would be happy to share that with someone other than Michael. If the sisters share the cooking, then you would just need a few recipes you could make well at the beginning. When your confidence in your cooking grows, then add more difficult recipes.

    ReplyDelete