Monday, October 20, 2014

Sarah Vs. Food

I am determined to improve my cooking skills! Here are some of the latest tales of Sarah Vs. Food

Saturday, after mass, my patents wanted to go to Home Depot to pick something up. They were going to go out to eat, but I insisted that we had food at home and I could cook while they shopped. 

GAME ON!!!

We had frozen hamburger patties, bacon, onions, and potatoes....bacon hamburgers with twice baked (microwaved) potatoes! My brother was off camping all weekend, so he wasn't there to not eat. Everyone else enjoyed dinner and there were no leftovers...maybe this cooking thing isn't so bad! 

Sarah: 1 
Food:0

Tonight, I made pulled chicken sandwiches. SUPER easy!! I put chicken breasts (because I only eat white meat) into the crock pot at around 10:30 this morning with a bit of water on high. I let it cook all day. 

When I got home at 6pm, I took the mix n chop to the chicken. The mix n chop is the most amazing kitchen tool

It looks like this and it shreds meat, mashes potatoes, and any other mixing and chopping things! It's awesome to use when browning hamburger meat for chili, spaghetti, or tacos!

My dad ate 2 sandwiches and there were only a few leftovers...I have my doubts that my brother ate...I still call this a win for Sarah!

For those keeping track at home, that's:
Sarah: 2
Food: 0

Wednesday night, I take on food again! This time I will attempt a Pinterest recipe!


My plan is to prep it all tomorrow night so I will just have to put it in the crockpot Wednesday morning!

And, the best part is that I have not injured myself! I did break a plate in the microwave while I was making peas tonight...

Stay tuned for more Sarah Vs. Food!


No comments:

Post a Comment