Thursday, February 19, 2015

NAS: Spiritual Writing

Linking up (late) (again) with Jen at Jumping in Puddles and Morgan at Follow and Believe!

What are some of your favorite or go-to books, devotionals or even blogs that help encourage you in your spiritual life?




Sooo many good blogs out there!!! I also LOVE reading!!! This link-up seems perfect to share a little!!!

First, blogs!!

A priest friend, Fr. Daren has dzehnle.blogspot.com 

He keeps me updated on many things including Isis and the Islamic State. He also shares his homilies and is a very good blog to check out when looking to see why we Catholics do what we do. He is studying Canon Law in Rome.

Then there are the "nun blogs" I like to read because it helps with my discernment. Sounds crazy, but it makes the whole process less scary and gives me somebody to connect with.


And then the Sisters of Charity at futureofcharity.blogspot.com

Then there is the blog database at catholicblogs.blogspot.com

It is simply a list of a BUNCH of blogs written by Catholics! 

Now, books!

I really liked My Sisters, the Saints. Check out my post about it here. I think just about everyone had read it, but it's really good! I think I will read it again before passing it on to a friend.

Then, devotionals!

This one is AMAZING!!!



I picked it up at the Pauline Bookstore while I was on a nun run in October. It's a good devotional for young, single women! Each month focuses on a different topic, from your vocation, to chasity, one day I was challenged to imagine being dead! What I REALLY like about it is that it offers a journal prompt and something to do. One day, I explored the meaning behind the miraculous medal and then purchased one and wear it daily. I REALLY encourage you all to check it out! Sr. Helena Burns is also on Twitter and is worth following! 

This journal is what I'm working through now:


It was given to me by the order that I'm currently discerning with. I would suggest it for all people who are discerning where God is calling you. It's not just for those discerning religious life.

I'm always looking for good suggestions for reading, so let me know what you have enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment