Saturday, February 7, 2015

New (Liturgical) Year Resolutions: An Update

We are through Advent, the Christmases Season, and almost to Lent. I think it's time to update on my New (Liturgical) Year resolutions. You can view my previous post here

1. Go to reconciliation once a month.
Why is this so hard??? I joked with a friend that I try hard not to sin so I don't have to go. I had a not so good reconciliation experience as a kid so I am really struggling with making the time to get to confession when it is being offered.

2. Don't miss any holy day and Sunday masses.
I missed January, 1, the Solemnity of Mary. Between Christmas and New Years I was battling a pretty gnarly cold/sinus infection. I also missed a Sunday mass due to poor weather/sick. Then I missed last weekend because I was working our church's Super Bowl Dinner/Bingo. I'm doing much better than a year ago!

3. Attend a weekday mass at least once a week.
Again, I'm riding the struggle bus. I want to find and evening week day mass that is within a reasonable distance. During Lent, I will make a mass a week, even if it means going at 8 a.m.

My resolutions aren't going great, but I'm trying. Please pray for me as I continue to struggle, especially with the sacrament of reconciliation

No comments:

Post a Comment