Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pet Peeves: Church V. Mass

We all have them. Those little things that drive you crazy.

I can't stand people balancing on two legs on a chair


Like this!!! It drives me nuts and I have been known to tell adults to sit flat! I also walk around at lunch time pushing chairs down onto 4 legs. I also won't serve snack to students not sitting correctly.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is about how people interchange church and mass. They are two different things and should not be used interchangeably

Church:


"Church" is the building. (This is my church! The foundation limestone came from my family farm) It's also the people that fill the church. We are "one, holy, and apostolic church."

Mass:

(Not my church, but this is a mass)

Mass is, well, mass! It's where we celebrate the sacrament of Holy Eucharist. 

It's broken into 4 parts: 1) Introductory Rites 2) Liturgy of the Word 3) Liturgy of the Eucharist 4) Concluding Rites 

You attend mass. People (at least my family) ask how mass was.

Do you see the difference? I try my best to educate people who often use these words interchangeable. Will you help spread the word that they are two, similar, but different things?!?!

Thank you! And PLEASE sit on all 4 legs of the chair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment