Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hungry for Knowledge

I have been wanting "more" since realizing God's call back in June. With that want, I have been searching out other blogs to read, books, articles, anything that would help feed this hunger.

The more I read, the more I feel like this is the right place for me to be exploring. I read one blog today that echoed what I have been feeling for the past 7 years... It was about hearing the call, but not wanting to answer. Those 7 years of ignoring God's call drove me away from the church. I wanted (subconsciously) to distance myself from this call that I didn't want.


This is just a fun picture a friend (who does not know I'm discerning) posted on Facebook this week. When I saw it I thought "that is the kind of nun I want to be!!" Upon some investigating, I believe they are Carmelite Sisters living in East Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment