Thursday, July 3, 2014

Good "Enough"

For the past few months, I have been having feelings of not being "enough". I felt like I wasn't good enough for my family because they seemed to be doing a lot of things without me and not telling me their plans. I felt that I wasn't a good enough teacher because I couldn't find a full time job and was settling as a substitute. I felt like I wasn't good enough for my friends because when they would once call me to go somewhere with them, now they wouldn't. I was feeling very isolated and alone. I felt like I wasn't enough for God either. I stopped going to church (although I pretended to be. "Good Catholic") and I didn't pray as often as I once did. It was a terrible place to be. 

It was months of feeling this way...and now most of those feelings are gone. It has been a week since I decided to listen to God's Call. I feel happy when I wake up! I can't wait to start my day with prayer! I can't wait to end my day with prayer! I'm even planning where I will be attending mass on Sunday!!! I can't believe I didn't listen sooner!

On another note, I have made contact with someone who could become my spiritual director through this process. I meet with her on Monday. I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment