Wednesday, January 21, 2015

So you wanted an update...

So much happening right now... But this is how I feel:


It's SUPER cold here and under the covers is the warmest place! I don't want to leave them!!!

Anyway, I will update while cocooned in multiple blankets!


This came in the mail this week!! Excited to get started and deeper into discernment!!

At the same time, I feel conflict. I have about 1 year left of my term on TEC Board. If I would have been asked 3 months ago if I would step down early, I would have said yes in a heartbeat!! However, things change...

We are replacing about half of our board this year. I don't feel comfortable "jumping ship" and abandoning my seat on the board. Talking to a friend who is also on board made me feel like I need to finish my term. He did say he was being selfish, but I also feel like I should help mentor our new board members.

St. Terese of Lisieux is the patron saint of TEC. I have asked her for a very specific sign if I am to finish my term and if I am to step up chair a committee...I'm still waiting and praying.



The 3rd grade at the school I work at is discussing vocations. The teacher asked me if I would be willing to talk to her class about discernment because they all had a lot of questions about it! (This is the class that asked me awhile ago if God called me on my cellphone) I will be doing this on Friday and I'm super excited! I love sharing with students because it take the mystique out of religious life. Many get such limited contact with religious sisters that they may not realize that God is calling them to something greater!


The March for Life is tomorrow in D.C. I went when I was a senior in high school and I still think of it as a life changing event! I remember walking the route and at one moment there was a group of priests chanting a prayer on one side of us and a group of older adults on the other. It really symbolized the whole experience for me. It was bringing many people from every walk of life together for a common cause! I will be praying tomorrow for all those marching and for all of the unborn!

While it may not seem like much has been going on, a lot has been going on. Many small big steps are being taken and a lot of praying about my involvement in TEC.

No comments:

Post a Comment