Saturday, December 6, 2014

New (Liturgical) Year Resolutions!!!

The current pastor at my home parish is an interesting man. He tried to be funny me his homily last week by starting it out with "Happy New Year!" 

It didn't work and I'm fairly certain only a couple of us understood it.

It got me thinking. We set goals for a new calendar year, why not set goals for the new liturgical year.

Then this week at mass I had an overwhelming feeling that I need to go to reconciliation.

So that got now got me thinking of what I want to work on in this liturgical year.

1. Go to reconciliation once a month.
This will also require me to "get over" my anxiety I have with this sacrament, so please pray for me with this one.

2. Don't miss any holy day and Sunday masses.
I have been super lazy about attending mass. I can say that I have only missed 1 Sunday mass since July.

3. Attend a weekday mass at least once a week.
This is pure laziness on my part. I'm not a fan of mornings. And I can't find an evening weekday mass.

I feel like this is enough for right now. I will update as the year goes on with how I am doing. Again, please pray for me with going to reconciliation. My chest gets right just thinking about going.

No comments:

Post a Comment