Friday, December 19, 2014

#7QT: Late Night Discussions

A friend of mine, who I know reads my blog, and I had a chance last Friday to grab dinner and just hang out. We talked about anything and everything until around 1am-ish...here's a taste of our conversation (I know she has been waiting for this post) in #7QT style!



1. I have been thinking and praying about wearing a veil to mass. It's something I have found interesting all my life. I remember attending mass when I was younger and found myself fixated on this family that always wore a veil. Apparently I'm not the only one who has had this idea, but my friend has also thought about it. We agreed it would be awkward in our small country parishes, but...

2. We both also want to attend a Latin mass. We discussed how we didn't want to go alone and how there were fears if doing the wrong thing. It's harder to know what to do when you don't understand the language.

3. We also discussed Eucharistic Adoration. There is a parish in our diocese that offers perpetual adoration. She looked it up on their website. What she doesn't know is that I talked to a priest friend and got a little more info on it. I will be contacting the parish office this week to get more info. The chapel has a security system and you need a code to be able to get in.



4. We talked about "The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns". We have many of the same thoughts on the subject. We both enjoy following the live tweets during the show.

5. She talked about France. I can tell how much she loved it there! She wants to go back and I pray for her daily that she gets that chance. I will miss our adventures when she goes back, but maybe I'll get the chance to visit her.



6. I talked about camp and how much I loved it! I believe that every child should experience a "sleep away" camp at some point! They teach kids so much! Even though I wasn't a kid when I was at camp, I learned so much about myself and how to live with others.



7. We also talked about having young adult meetings in our diocese. It's fun when we get the chance to talk with others our own age with similar struggles. This is one reason why I love being involved in TEC (even though I feel my time on the board is drawing to a close). When we have "4th Day" events, we have a chance to hang out and do young adult stuff together. For now, we will be happy going to this event:


Linking up with Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment