Tuesday, December 9, 2014

This Week's Thoughts on "The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns"

Wow! This week's "The Sisterhood: Becoming Nums" really struck a chord with me. I have many thoughts about it...I shall arrange in a list to keep them orderly.

1. I LOVE that Eseni admitted that she didn't care for adoration. That it made her feel uncomfortable. It was neat that they showed adoration on T.V. and showed the different ways people adore Jesus.

2. I still feel like Eseni isn't truely discerning and that she is bringing Francesca down with her. The stunt that they pulled with their skirts at the end after a very powerful modesty discussion was immature. I think EVERYONE rolled their skirts in grade school, but you aren't in grade school anymore! I also think that Darnell doesn't love her. If he did, he would understand her need to discern*

*I know this from experience. While it may not have been a romantic love, it was my family. The way that they are supporting me, even when they don't understand, is truely amazing.

3. GAH!!! That's the (at least) THIRD time this week that I have felt the need for confession! As they were doing adoration, I thought to myself, I wish they would show confession...they did...and I do plan on going to confession on Thursday.

4. I can really relate to how Christie is feeling about that pull that she has found "the right" community. That is where I an at right now...I THINK I found "THE" community!! I'm still in discernment, but that pull in my heart is truely amazing!!

5. I'm back on Twitter...just so I can follow the #realpostulants...ya, exciting life...

6. One of the very first things I learned to do when I started my discernment was to let God love me. Wow, did I get chills when Sister talked about that...I still do it every night. 

Here's what I do:
-lay down and be comfortable
-close my eyes
-imagine God as the most perfect person
-see and feel His arms around me
-feel the love that He has for me

Often times I fall asleep doing this, it's okay because I'm falling asleep in the living embrace of God!

These are just my thoughts as I watch the show! I LOVE it and feel like I'm exploring these communities with Eseni, Claire, Stacy, Francesca, and Christie!

No comments:

Post a Comment