Tuesday, December 16, 2014

#TheSisterhoodFinale

Tonight was the season finale of "The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns"


This show has helped with my own discernment! It was like I was on the journey with the ladies exploring those communities! (I wish they had shown more of the Sisters of St. Joseph the Worker)

My (maybe) final thoughts of the show:

-Christie and Claire came into the experience prepared and it showed! I'm really excited for them that they have found to what community God is calling them!

-Stacy is brave in her own way! She has decided that God isn't calling her to religious life and it's awesome that she has realized this!

-Eseni and Francesca weren't prepared and hadn't been seriously discerning before this experience. And I REALLY didn't like the stupid things they were doing at the end. It showed immaturity on their part.

-It was AWESOME the way they did the final episode. They showed that they didn't run away and join the convent right away, but there were more steps for Christie and Claire to make! I also liked that they showed how the others had discerned that they weren't actively pursuing religious life at the moment.

-I LOOOVED Francesca's mom! My mom had told me something similar (about being brainwashed) when I went to a Theology on Tap hosted by the PHJCs. She was also one of the hardest people to tell when I told her that it was there that I had the overwhelming feeling that God was calling me to discern.

One of my biggest fears of starting discernment was what people would think if I chose NOT to pursue religious life. It was scary for me to tell people because I didn't want people thinking I was a bad person if I didn't chose religious life after starting the process. 

Overall Rating:
I would give this 4 out of 5 stars. I think some of the women needed to discern more. Also, the immaturity was off-putting at times. I do hope for a season 2! Would love to have sisters who don't wear the habit spotlighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment