Sunday, September 13, 2015

Oh, look, a Post!

Oh, hey there! Long time no see! It's been a crazy busy few months for me!

Back in June, I had a freak out moment where I was doubting everything I was doing. I was incredibly unhappy and didn't know if becoming a sister was what I should do. I had been turned down by one job, interviewed for another and offered one that I would love, but it would not pay enough for me to live on. I was really bummed. I pushed back my application to join the sisters and spent time focusing on me.

July brought more crazy-ness. My vocation director was in Italy at a formation conference. This gave me space and time to get over the fears I had back in June. I began wondering if I was joining the right order. Had I talked to enough people? I felt like I had left a window open with one order and needed the closer. I arranged a meeting and soon realized that I was, indeed, right where I was suppose to be. The end of July brought much craziness!

I had about given up hope of finding a full time teacher job. This summer, I had applied to so many different schools, I figured God was calling me somewhere else. The last week in July, I heard from a Catholic school in Wichita, KS. I had my interview, then I waited. While I was waiting, I had also heard from a Catholic school in New Mexico. I was offered the job in Wichita on a Thursday, interviewed for the New Mexico job on Friday and was unofficially offered that job. I had been applying to teach in Wichita for a year and half. I took that job!

August brought trips to Wichita to start the set-up process for my classroom and then to move in. Right after I made the drive here to move, I flew out to go to Chicago for Catholics on Call. I know I have said it before, but I can't spread things out. I do all things all at once. I have officially been in my apartment for a month! 



I am now a 2nd grade teacher at a small Catholic school in Wichita, KS. I have 21 students. I'm still slightly dazed that I am actually here. I was offered the job and then had to move within 2 weeks to start school. I am back on track with my application and looking to finish it before Christmas. I am happy and starting to find my grove here in Kansas!


See! I'm a teacher and everything!


1 comment: